The Old Lion And The Donkey

     There was a lion, who lived in a huge cave in the jungle. He was very strong and ferocious.
     He could run as fast as a zebra. When he caught his prey, he killed it immediately and ate it. As the years passed, he grew old.

    He lost his strength gradually. He said to himself, "No! It is not possible for me to pull on like this. I must find a way out. Otherwise, I would die of starvation. " After much thought, he got an idea. He called the donkey and said, "Listen friend, you have a lovely voice, which no other animal has. I have never heard such a resounding tone as yours. Now let us work together, so that we could live happily with plenty of food at our disposal.

     The donkey was highly please to hear this. He said, "I would be your partner. what can I do for you?"

     The lion then explained to him, "Listen, when you see the animals gathering at one place, you give out a loud sound. On hearing it, they would run helter-skelter. I will be hiding behind a tree. As soon as one comes within my reach, I would grab it. You will be rewarded handsomely by me." The donkey agreed . As soon as he saw animals gathered at one place, he started braying loudly.

     As the animals ran in fright, the lion grabbed one, which passed by the tree. The donkey thought that he was very clever. He started running all over the jungle braying loudly to scare away other animals.

     As it happened, the braying donkey passed by the tree where the lion was hiding. The lion, at once, grabbed him and made a nice meal of him.
Moral: As you sow, so shall you reap.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment