The Raven And The Swan

     There was once a raven, who was not happy with himself. You know that a raven is as black as coal. Now, this raven once met a swan.

      The swan was beautiful and her feathers were as wished as pure snow. The raven grew envious of the swan and wished to become like her. "Oh swan!" Said the raven, "Please tell me how I may also become as fair and lovely as you are." "Maybe," replied the swan, "if you leave your woods and join me in the lakes, eat the weeds and plants that I do, you could also turn fair as I am." The raven agreed, as it seemed the only way open to him and he was sure, it would work wonders for him.
     So, the raven left his home in the wood and fields, and began to live in the lakes and marshes.
     As a result, he grew thinner and thinner with the passing of each day and finally died.!
     Moral: One should learn to accept and live with one's own self.

0 comments:

Post a Comment